Each year we put 12 amazing women in our spotlight!
In 2016 we continue our mission to honor women from Northern Colorado who have made a difference in their communities, on a local, national or international scale!
We receive dozens of nominations from all over Northern Colorado! The Committee has a difficult task, narrowing down the field to only 12 women, but they did!
Meet our 2016 Women of Vision!
- Dr. Gillian Bowser
Ft. Collins – CSU Research Scientist who has devoted her career to increasing opportunities for women & minorities in science
- Patricia Campbell
Greeley – RN/NP, a vital part of health education on a state & Federal level.
- Jean Daviet
Greeley – Computer Science & Systems Management, programming pioneer.
- Rikke Liska
Ft. Collins – Attorney and advocate for seniors and elder care.
- Dr. Janice Nerger
Ft. Colllins – CSU Dean of the College of Natural Sciences, an innovative and active advocate for women throughout her distinguished career.
- Becky Safarik
Greeley – Assistant City manager, 38 years making her community exceptional.
- Patti Smith
Ft. Collins – RN health education consultant
- Tami Spaulding
FC Realtor and speaker
- Cathy St. Germain
Loveland – Mom on a FB mission to prevent sexual abuse by step-dads.
- Kim Swaney
Longmont – co-founded Happiness Through Horses, funding horse camps and horse-related activities for underprivileged children.
- Linda Winter
Greeley – 38 years as an innovative business owner and community leader
- Adrienne Zoble
Ft. Collins – 39 years as a Marketing Consultant, national speaker, author
Meet our past Women of Vision!
- Debra Benton,Livermore – author, speaker, CEO coach
- Jill Baron, Ft. Collins – ecosystem ecologist with USGS and CSU
- Judy Calhoun, Ft. Collins – Larimer Humane Society
- Louise Creager, Rist Canyon – Rist Canyon Volunteer FD
- Dixie Daly, Loveland – Tickled Pink Boutique
- Beth Heckel, Loveland – Think Humanity
- Cheryl Redmond, Loveland – Dental Hygiene Fitness
- Anne-Marie Scherrer, Loveland – Women Awaken
- Teri Segelke, Greeley- J&T Feeds
- Melissa Venable, Ft. Colllins – Hope Lives! Lydia Dody Breast Cancer Support Foundation
- Tricia Vincent, Ft. Collins – OtterCares Foundation
- Allison (and Meredith) Yacht, Longmont – BraveHoods
See the inspirational videos of the 2015 Women of Vision on Pinterest, created by Karen Fournier of Starstream Productions.
Here is the inspirational video of the 2014 Women of Vision, created by Karen Fournier of Starstream Productions.
MEET OUR 2014 WOMEN OF VISION!
Karen Fournier of Starstream Productions, created beautiful inspirational videos of each of our Honorees on Pinterest. Here is the direct link: http://www.pinterest.com/sspllc/2014-women-of-vision/ You can share this URL if you’re interested in sharing all of the videos at once as a group on your social media or via email.
- Michelle Boyle, Ft. Collins – Founder & Exec Dir of Ram Strength, a nonprofit closely associated with CSU which provides local cancer survivors direct financial assistance for basic needs, scholarship opportunities, programs and services.
- Megan Chenoweth, Loveland – A role model for turning one’s life around. Now in school, working, and telling her story to kids. The message: Not even ONCE.
- Wendy Cohen, Ft. Collins – led the passage of Lacy’s Law in honor of her daughter who was murdered by a police impersonator in 2003.
- Caroline Creager, Berthoud – entrepreneur (owner of Berthoud Athletic Club), author (Bouncing Back Into Shape After Baby et al), mentor (formal and informal programs for over 20 years) and Doctor of Physical Therapy.
- Melisa Esposti, Ft. Collins – tireless volunteer, fund raiser, event organizer and grant writer with many nonprofits including Crossroads Safehouse, Weld Co Food Bank and Zonta.
- Teresa Funke, Ft. Collins (nominated by 3 people) – author, speaker, teacher who created the Great Book Giveaway, Read A Hero Literacy Program for Boys & Girls Clubs, Do Yu Park School Kit Program and El Centro Triunfo Tutoring Program.
- Jennifer Gray, Loveland – after the loss of her husband & daughter at the hands of a drunk driver, Jennifer created Inspiire, Inc and Dare To Move Project to help others move out of their comfort zones and make new choices. Active in MADD, speaks at DUI classes and high schools.
- Libby James, Ft. Collins – elite athlete who at age 77 is still setting records for running. She is also a freelance writer and children’s book author, mentor & coach to female athletes of all ages, and a quiet volunteer in the Ft. Collins community. Member of the Colorado Running Hall of Fame, she is one of the most accomplished distance runners on the planet.
- Stacy Johnson, Windsor – Advocate for business in NoCo through Colorado Blueprint Plan for Economic Development, Director of Business Retention & Expansion for NCEDC and Director of Econ Dev of the Town of Windsor. Also a community leader and nonprofit champion.
- Rose Moon, Ft. Collins – certified addictions counselor and founder of HalfMoon Arts, a nonprofit dedicated to teaching art to at-risk teens.
- Kathay Rennels, Ft. Collins – a strong ranch woman who ended up in the political arena: former county commissioner. Key role in development of The Ranch.
- Maria Secrest, Greeley – Former MP in the military, community leader in Greeley, advocate for Hispanic educational excellence and Veteran’s programs, volunteer for Catholic Charities and liaison between Congressman Cory Gardner & constituents.
It is our joy to create a fabulous Gala to honor our Women of Vision! We treat them to a champagne reception, inspirational words from famous authors/speakers, and of course our applause!
Meet our 2013 Women of Vision!
Jackie Bebo, founder of Adoption for All Children
Sandi Brown, founder of Tutor Doctor Front Range
Dr. Ada Chen, founder of Soaring Hope Inc.
Dr. Kathleen Cooney, founder of Home to Heaven
Dr. Leslie Cunningham-Sabo, life-long dedication to the issues of childhood obesity
Linda Hughey. co-founder of No Colo Nonprofit Resource Center
Brooke Hupp. founder of Team STABOS (Save Them All Big or Small)
Sister Mary Alice Murphy, The Mission CARE Housing, the Sister Mary Alice Murphy Center for Hope in Ft. Collins and the Guadalupe Center in Greeley.
Tara Pogoda, founder of Fifth Element Ranch
Dr. Amy Prieto, founder of Prieto Battery Inc.
Irene Castillo Romsa, founder of “Rincon de Cuentos” Spanish literacy program and “Imaginates” youth program in Colorado and of “Casa de Vida” a shelter for survivors of domestic violence in Guatemala.
Cindy Sarai, founder of the Dream Guild and the Dream Room
Meet our 2012 Women of Vision!
Hon. Mary Jo Berenato, Magistrate 8th Judicial Dist
Dr. Deborah Crawford, Forensic Pediatrician
Lindsey H. Deringer, 17 year old student, creator of “Hunger 5K Run”
Denise Burson Freestone, Open Stage Theatre
Dr. Diana Wall, Colorado State University
Elizabeth Lamb Kearney, Wildfire Community Arts Center
Candace Mayo, Habitat For Humanity
Teresa Mueller, CPA
Kelly Peters, Northern Co Economic Development Corp
Carol Rehme, Silver Linings Program for seniors
Guadalupe Salazar, El Centro
Cheryl Miller Thurston, Moonlighting Teachers
Meet our 2011 Women of Vision!
Floss Blackburn, founder of Denkai Animal Sanctuary
Lori Hentzenroeder, North Beach Dental
Sherri Frye, University of Northern Colorado
Betsey Hale, City of Loveland
Betty Aragon-Mitotes, founder of Museo de Las Tres Colonias
Jenny Langness, Alpha Center
Wendy Ishii, founder of Bas Bleu Theatre Company
LeAnn Thieman, nurse, speaker & author
Kerrie Flanagan, founder ofNorthern Colorado Writers
Leslie Young, Loveland Police Dept., founder of Journey Conference for Young Women and Loveland’s Restorative Justice Program
Donna Visocky, Founder of BellaSpark Productions,
Marilyn Shock, CEO of Banner Health
Special Posthumous Award: Ann Azari, former Mayor of Ft. Collins
Meet our some of our 2010 Women of Vision!
Dr. Temple Grandin, Colorado State University
Denny Moyer, founder of Ensight Skills Center
Pamela Cook, creator of “Cut It Out” domestic violent program
Maury Dobbie, founder Young Women of the West
Lydia Dody, Founder Hope Lives Breast Cancer Foundation
Roxie Ellis, founder of two therapeutic riding clubs (Front Range Exceptional Equestrians and Hearts & Horses), co-founder of Alternatives To Violence
Diana French, inventor, Founder of Brand Spanking New
Grace Hanley, Whole Foods coordinator of Whole Planet Foundation
Kristi Helzer, non-profit champion of Greeley
Jeri Howe, founder The Matthews House
Dr. Joan King, speaker, author, coach
Heather Janssen, founder Get Born Magazine
Gailmarie Kimmel, founder BE Local No Co
Carmeen Klausner, founder Pathways To Spirits
Dr. Lori Kogan, founder Pets Forever, and the Crosstrails Program at Crossroads Safehouse
Dorsi Smith, Shannon Lopez and Amy Snider, founders of sports programs for girls & women
Dr. Barbara Wallner, Poudre School District
Elise Walsh, retired teacher
Lu Anne Aulepp, Pioneer of The Women’s Movement
Linda Wheeler Holloway, former FC Police Detective