July 25, 2013
For Immediate Release
Colorado Women of Influence, LLC
Winners were announced at July 24th Gala
|LOVELAND, Colo., – July 24, 2013
At the Women of Vision Gala on Wednesday, July 24th, three Honorees were singled out as having taken their “vision” to a whole higher level:
2013 Woman of Courage Award: Irene Castillo Romsa, Co-founder of the “Rincon de Cuentos” Spanish literacy program and “Imaginates” youth program in Colorado: and of “Casa de Vida” a shelter for survivors of domestic violence in Guatemala. The award was presented by Linda Wheeler Holloway, 2010 Woman of Courage Award Winner and LeAnn Thieman, 2011 Woman of Courage Winner.
2013 Woman of Inspiration Award: Tara Pagoda, owner of Fifth Element Ranch and facilitator for Warriors In Transition equine therapy program. The award was presented by the 2011 Woman of Inspiration Winner, Betty Aragon-Mitotes.
2013 International Woman of Vision Award: Dr. Ada Chen, founder of Soaring Hope, Inc., a non-profit dedicated to serving orphans and poor people in China through medical/audiology/dental/optical clinics, leadership/English training, and scholarships. The award was presented by Dr. Joan King, 2010 International Woman of Vision Award winner and Donna Visocky, 2012 International Woman of Vision Award winner.
Other Northern Colorado residents honored as Women of Vision include:
· Jackie Bebo, founder of Adoption for All Children.
· Sandi Brown, academic dean with Colorado Early Colleges and owner/education consultant with Tutor Doctor Front Range.
· Dr. Kathleen Cooney, nationally recognized leader in the field of pet end-of-life care and founder of Home to Heaven an in-home pet hospice and euthanasia company.
· Dr. Leslie Cunningham-Sabo, Assistant Professor/College of Applied Human Sciences/CSU, life-long dedication to the issues of childhood obesity.
· Linda Hughey, co-founder & President of the No Colo Nonprofit Resource Center.
· Brooke Hupp, breast cancer survivor who formed Team STABOS (Save Them All, Big or Small).
· Sister Mary Alice Murphy, driving force behind the opening of The Mission, CARE Housing, the Sister Mary Alice Murphy Center for Hope in Ft. Collins and the Guadalupe Center in Greeley.
· Dr. Amy Prieto, CSU Associate chemistry professor and founder of Prieto Battery, Inc., a new battery technology that could revolutionize electronic vehicles.
· Cindy Sarai, Executive Director of Adoption Dreams Come True, and founder of the Dream Guild, and the Dream Room.
Each of the Women of Vision received a commemorative gift bag from Colorado Women of Influence members and local businesses, valued at almost $1,000.00.
Colorado Women of Influence, LLC, is a master-mind organization whose members are at a very high level in their careers. With a current membership of 175, COWOI seeks to be the gathering place for a eclectic group of accomplished women: Entrepreneurs, Owners, Executive Directors, Presidents and CEOs from the business world, as well as leaders of academia, government, the arts, athletics and community organizations. For information on Colorado Women of Influence, go to the website at http://cowoi.com or contact Ann Clarke at 970-817-5315.